Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Beaurocracy

Let me start by saying that working where I work I am no stranger to beurocracy. I could certainly learn some more by studying the Moroccans. Currently there is one man standing in the way of us progressing to the point where we can go see the angry little man. I call him "the man". The man is someone who works in Abderrahims neighbourhood and to whom Aberrahim must present a paper to be stamped ( the moroccans love to stamp things and require stamps for almost everything - sometimes you have to hunt down a stamp purchase it and present it to be stamped on, sometimes you just pay for them to provide the stamp). I have all my docs but we cant go see the angry little man until Abderrahim has all his stamps in order.

The beurocracy doesnt end there we still have many stamps to obtain, people to pay bakshish too and a few more hoops to jump.

The quest for the illusive stamps reminds me of the 4 days my oldest sister and I spent at Expo '86 where we ran in out of the pavillions of the world trying to obtain as many stamps in our passports as possible at the end we didnt even look at the pavillion we would run in get a stamp and on to the next.

Oh well as they say in Morrocco selleck (thats life).

More updates soon hopefully on something more fun than stamp hunting - maybe wedding dress hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment