Friday, April 10, 2009

Fun Stuff

Inbetween the paperwork and the hoopjumping there has been some really fun times. Kiersten and Roxanne and I like to wow the locals with our great Arabic!!!

I have adopted one of our friends (schleck) and he calls me walida (mom) and I call him Wildey (spelled phoenetically - means son) we get quite a few looks from the locals when they hear us.

A never ending source of amusement for the locals is when Abderrahim asks me to sing in Arabic (yes I really can) but it always cracks them up. Stay tuned you may get to see that on CBC as the film people were here for a dinner party we had and taped us singing Arabic.

Roxanne and I have been enjoying showing Kiersten around as all of this Marrakechi stuff is new to her like the fact that a 2 lane road becomes a 3 lane road or 3 1/2 depending on the size of the cars, learning how to cross the street and dodge between cars, scooters and donkey carts!

We have had the pleasure of eating my future sister-in-laws amazing cooking!!!!!

Finally - yesterday I bought my wedding dress!!! Most of you will have to wait to see it - but mom if you are reading this I will send you an email. It is very beautiful and not what i had planned on and took some hard bargaining by me but mostly by my wildey (read above) and roxanne. Here's hoping i have a wedding to wear it to!!!

Now you are all caught up and there will be plenty of funny stories and pictures to share when I get home!

No comments:

Post a Comment